Friday, June 11, 2010

Lola.

So for those of you looking to find an uplifting sermonette from Ms. Little, this probably isn't the blog for you.  I was sitting here, attempting to find inspiration when I hear a scratching at my door. I open the door to let my father's one and a half-pound dog in my room. Lola is her name and she is extremely upset at current moment. My father is doing missions work in Brazil and she is lacking for constant attention. You would never imagine that something so small could make as much noise as this dog is making right now, barking at me. When I try to pick her up, she runs away like she wants to play a game of chase. I do not know how I am going to get anything done tonight with the assistance of Lola. Isn't it always the smallest things in life that eat us up, take all our attention, and make us want to pull our hair out?



Life has been absolutely insane over the past few weeks. Come to think of it, the past few years have been nothing but a continual stream of sugar-free red-bull and movement from one place in life to another. Regardless of how accustomed I become to the stresses of life, it always seems the next place holds more stress, more responsibility, and less sleep.

This summer I am preparing for nursing school and taking two classes. Normally this would be something of a break from the 19 hours and two jobs of last semester, but one thing is different...College Algebra. Satan in materialized form. The brimstone of hell brought straight to my meager existence Monday-Thursday at 9:25. There is something important to know about Algebra and Bre, we go way back. I remember taking a bullet-pointed list to the Registar of SNU with about twelve reasons why it would be more beneficial for me to take an upper-division science class than this horrendous rite-of-passage required of college freshmen. I remember thinking I had tricked the system, that I was the smoothest talker that school had ever seen. All this was great until I decided to get a degree that could actually get me a job... and the Registar this time refused to budge.

So, stubborn Bre is stuck in the first class I legitimately can say I cannot understand after eight years of higher education. Sometimes there really is not an easy way out. I have spent three hours a night doing algebra homework this week and it appears this is the rhythm my summer will take. Thank the Lord for the computer program I just downloaded which seems to help with my homework...now if only i could bring my laptop to the exams. ;)

Other than school my summer isn't any too exciting. I am planning to make an appearance at ILA, but that might be changed due to the nature of the school week. I just have to make it through this summer and I will be on to nursing school, helping others, and being one step closer to what I feel my purpose in life being accomplished...

Oh, Lola is still barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment