Sunday, February 28, 2010

I cannot sleep.

It's nearly midnight and sleep seems to be the furthest thing from my brain's agenda. Life can sometimes get so exhausting that when you finally have the chance to rest, your mind can't shut off long enough to drift off. In the meantime, here's what's new with Brea's life (other than no sleep):

1.) I am preaching at Dad's church every Wednesday night until Easter. The entire community is doing a study called "one month to live," and dad asked me to teach it at our church. It is really cool to have the opportunity, but I feel like I am a little rusty on the preaching front. It's been a while and a lot of things have happened since I last spoke publicly. Yes, last week went well, but what if that was all I had left? It's forcing me to focus on faith more than I have in recent months.

2.) I am no longer in training to run a 5k. I have Achilles Tendonitis and my doctor says no running or working out my lower body for two months. I think his prognosis is a bit much, but I don't want to be stuck with a torn Achilles Tendon...it didn't turn out too well for Achilles. My doctor told me that I need to be wearing shoes with about two inches of height. His recommendation was not a new pair of Manolo Blahniks, but rather COWBOY BOOTS. I do own a pair for wear once a year when the rodeo is in town, but try not to make a habit out of sporting the Luccase boots. He told me to put a sign on that says, "I'm not really a cowgirl, this is a prescription." Good luck with that one Dr. Perkins.

3.) Tomorrow is Lauren's birthday. I bought her the world's greatest present. I will post pictures tomorrow in case she reads this tonight.

The meds are kicking in I think....let's keep our finger's crossed I can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment